Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Translating CAT parameters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2002
US
I've inherited an MD110 system, running BC9, that has very little documentation. I'd like to know how many categories (CAT) have already been created and what each one of them does. I've determined that there are are 12 CATs, but I'm at a loss to figure them out.

For example, CAT 1 has a TRAF equal to 00010100. When I look that up in Dynatext, it just says that the first pair (00) is defined 00-03 and is the abbreviated number traffic class. Any suggestions on how I can track down what has been defined for this? (and for all the other parameters?)

Hi,

With the command ADCDP:ABB=All; you get all the abbreviated dial number from your system. With ADCOE:ABB=xxxxx; you can delete them.

Thanks, kings1! When I run that command, however, it shows that there are no abbreviated numbers set up. Which makes sense, I think, as if I understand correctly, an extention allowed to use common abbreviated dials a number, and the system adds the common abbreviated digit(s) in front of the dialed digits. And I don't think my system does that for anyone.

So now the question is, if in fact there are no common abbreviated numbers in my system, why do the various categories (CAT values) use all three classes (which they do)? Does my question makes sense?

Thanks to everyone!

Normally when an exchange is installed we set up a lot of general data, like categories.

The customer then doesn't have to worry too much about designing new categories, but can easily add abb-dials and know which people can use them.

Ie. it's a fuction that has been on from the start, but never used.

Hope that helps.

Yes, that does help, ButtonIt. Thanks for the explanation... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back