Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transit call

Status
Not open for further replies.

kattoussa

Technical User
Apr 19, 2013
TN
hello,
I have two hipath systemes 3800 and 3550 which are connected by IP trunk , i want to configure a prefix code wich let an ip phone that is connected to the hipath 3550 to make a call through a line configured in the hipath 3800? is this possible and how can i do that? thanks

I have never used it, but I think this is what it's used for....

Look into DISA. I believe if you have DISA set up you can dial a call as if you were connected to an actual system. So I would assume you set up DISA on the 3800, you dial the DISA code of the 3800 from the 3550 and then you should get a dial tone and be able to place the call out the 3800.

These are generalities - there is probably more to it. I do know that DISA is considered dangerous if not properly secured, because anyone that has that code could conceivably call it and have unrestricted dialing access.

Som of the other experts will either give you more information or tell you I'm FOS, but I believe that would be one way to do it. I know I have it set up on my systems so that I can dial a code at the main site, say 77, and in my dial plan is has "77" routed to the site in question. At that site, "77" is set up so that it dials the overhead paging trunk. That method is a little more secure because it has a specific action defined, and is not wide open. Hell - if you go that route and you have open spots in your dial plan you could configure "8" in the dial plan of the 3550 to route to the 3800, and on the 3800 you could have "8" configured to work the same way as "9".

Look at the lcr. It should be on to route extension calls to each extension. Add in a prefix number to rout through 3800 and in dial rules you can remove it so it dials the number after the prefix

hello,
thanks for your responses but i don't know how can i configure a prefix in the LCR to route through 3800 what faisecau i should use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back