Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transformer multiprocessing fails on Solaris box. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidm19401

Programmer
Sep 22, 2005
US
We have a model that we're trying to run on a Unix (Solaris) box with 6 processors. We're using Transformer 7.3. It runs fine with multiprocessing unchecked for all of the data sources. When multiprocessing is checked for all of the data sources it always fails with a TR0109 "Transformer couldn't read the data source" error on the second iqd. This occurs even if we move the data sources around so that the second iqd is a different one. The whole point of using the Solaris box was to take advantage of the multiprocessing. Has anyone ran into this problem and found a solution?

It's a cognos defect.
There is no way around except disabling the multiprocessing for all IQDs except 1.

I think it's fixed in 7.3 mr2.

Do you have a reference for this, like a case # or document in Cognos' knowledge base?

Problem # : 465172.0
Title : Multiprocessing causes (TR0109) Transformer Server couldn't read the data source.
Product : PowerPlay Transformer, PowerPlay Transformer - 7.3

Draoued,
Thank you very much for your help, I greatly appreciate it. Where do I look up that Problem #? Is that something in Cognos' Knowledgebase? There doesn't seem to be a way to search by problem #.

That's in Cognos internal db I think.
The only place where I can see these is in the bug(s) fix list when a new version is released.

If you contact your Cognos Support, they should be able to find the answer and the complete solution based on this number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back