Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transform MS Excel Workbook to Web-Based Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDTiff

MIS
May 29, 2002
US
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please tell me the best way to approach the process I want to develop? Thank you in advance for your time and help.

I would like to transform multiple workbooks in Excel to become a Web-based interface that allow user to perform "what if" analysis; add/delete items; and search through the workbooks. I would also like maximize the Web-based interface and not take up too much of the internet speed connection.

Once again, thank you all for your time and help.

Have you tried the Save As Web Page option under the File menu?

Thank you for your response. I have tried to save the workbook as Web Page, but this makes the workbook become static information display tool. I want the the workbook to be interactive; which means users can change value and search for certain information on the Web.

DDTiff

There is something I did which was add Interactivity. Are you using XP?

Yes, I have XP. I've read some article on microsoft.com which mentioned that you can make the workbook become interactive workbook and upload the Web page Excel (in XML)using Office 2003 quite easily, but I did not think you can do the same things in Office 2002.

I am about to download MS free trial of Office 2003 to test out the capability that MS has advertised about.

When you click on save as web page do you have Add interactivity just above the place to type in the name of the page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back