Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TRANSFORM and subqueries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristarco

Programmer
Jun 19, 2000
MX
I've tried to make a subquery with a transform query inside but it seems it's not working. Does anyone know if this is a forbidden/non-implemented thing in Jet SQL?

My code look like this:
Code:
SELECT FQ.AnyField 
FROM [TRANSFORM FieldX SELECT blahblahblah... PIVOT yaddayadda... ]. AS FQ

To boldly code, where no programmer has compiled before!

I have sort of an inventory of codes. Every code belongs to a group of records belonging to different types. Lets say code SC_025 has some records of "Works" type, one of "Actions" type and a couple of "Projects" type. The transform query results in something like this:

Code | Actions | Works | Projects
-------+-----------+----------+-----------
SC_025 | 1 | 4 | 2
SD_234 | 2 | | 1
ED_546 | 5 | |

Code in the external query calling the internal 'Transform' query checks the quantity of records of each type to determine the type of Code. In this case, SC_025, having majority of "Works" is a "Works" code. One having majority of "Actions" and no "Works" or "Projects" is a "Termination" code, and so on.

I make this in two steps. First make the Transform query and then the query that uses it to create a table. I'd like to make it in one step. But I think it can't be done now. Can it?

To boldly code, where no programmer has compiled before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back