Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfert datas from a IBM T20 to a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKarim

Technical User
Mar 20, 2000
EU
Hi I would like to know how could I transfert datas from the hard drive of my IBM T20 computer to my PC. I do not have any network. I think it is possible to do so via the serial or parallel por, do I need a special soft and how do I configure the ports.
Thanks for any help. [sig][/sig]

There are quite a few data transfer programs out there that connect via the serial or parallel ports. The last one I used was Laplink - - it is fast, reliable and has a decent GUI.

Hope this helps!

Pinkman - mcse [sig][/sig]

Assuming your T20 uses win98, there is a little utility called direct connection in accessories. [sig]<p>Zel<br><a href=mailto:zel@zelandakh.co.uk>zel@zelandakh.co.uk</a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

No, the T20 uses a win2k, and the PC a win 98. [sig][/sig]

Should be the same. [sig]<p>Zel<br><a href=mailto:zel@zelandakh.co.uk>zel@zelandakh.co.uk</a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

if you are running one computer with wn2k and the other with win98.. try with a cable conected to you parellel port then go to your network and dialup connections and make a new connection.. there will be a dialog box pupping up to allow you to choose one option.. so select make direct connection and follow the instructions.. so you have an option in windows 98. on accesories, if you have install direct cable conection do the installation on that pc.. that way you can connect one to another one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back