Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferring Outlook 2000 contacts to another drive and outlook progra 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdock2525

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
US
I have around 400 contacts in outlook 2000 under 98 on one drive and Outlook XP under 2000 on another. How do I move this info.
No .wab files either (wasn't running OE).

sure are .pst but what do I do to import them into my "new" Outlook.

Copy the PSTs to where ever you intend to use them, open Outlook and hit File-Import-from an external file-personal folder file-and find your PST. I'm not sure of the exact menu commands in XP--never saw it yet!
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

You can also go to the Tools menu, then to services (or accounts, depending). This will enable you to call up a screen where you add features to outlook. Select "personal folders" from the scroll-list, and choose "add".

A dialogue box will pop up that enables you to change settings for your personal folders -- one of the settings will allow you to browse for a location where your personal folders reside. Browse for your .pst file from your old Outlook install, and select it. This will point Outlook to your old files...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back