Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferring Outbound Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

avgindyguy

Programmer
Jan 31, 2003
Okay here is a good one. We have a call center that receives calls after hours and stores them in a mailbox. The messages are then checked every morning and the customers are called back by the CSR's. Here is the situation. CSR calls the customer back using ATT Pri circuits, after a few minutes of conversation the CSR determines that the customer really needs to speak to another office, not our own. The other office utilizes MCI service and has a toll free number assigned to it. Our management team wants to be able to transfer the call directly to the other office rather than tell the customer to hang up and dial the toll free number. The CSR should also be able to hangup after the transfer is made with both the customer and the other office still connected to each other. I realize trunk to trunk transfer would work, but it will tie up trunks and we have the switch set to not allow this for fraud reasons. Any advice from anyone.

I tried using a remote coverage function but with trunk-to- trunk transfers denied it didn't work.
You are right about tying up two trunks and the toll fraud hole that trunk-to-trunk transfers open up.
Probably safer to just have the customer call the other number.

You could set up a phantom station with remote coverage to the 1800 number. Set-up a new cor with trunk to trunk transfer. Then just have the csr transfer the caller to the phantom station. This would still require two trunk ports.

You can use the Take back feature provided by AT&T (I don't
know whether MCI have it). It will put the first call on hold in the network cloud and give the CSR another dial tone to dial. This transfer will take only one channel and CSR can hangup inbetween the call.

I have thought about the COR restriction or even maybe a time of day COR. Also, programming the ARS to allow only those toll-free numbers allowed. These are possible options. Before doing that I am going to check with ATT on the takeback feature, which I am familiar with but have my doubts whether it would work. Mainly because of two thing, one being the fact the we are originating a long distance call and not dialing a toll free number first and I thought the takeback only worked on toll free numbers. Also, because we use ATT for long distance and the hidden number the call will need transferred to is an MCI number I am not sure it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back