Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferring out of vectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

belpepsi

MIS
Nov 27, 2001
US
We have an Avaya Definity System 75 (G3i v1.1-286), software system level is g3v2g.07.0.0.106.

Our voicemail system is a Digital Speech and uses a voice bridge with 16 analog lines to access it.

Last June we had a full system crash and had to restore from tape to a configuration dated 2001. Up to the time of the crash we were able transfer out of a vector to our voicemail system based on a set of parameters (ie Time-of-Day, Staffing Levels, etc).

While a vector today will still transfer to another extension, it will not go off-net (to the voicemail system). We have changed the COR on the VDN's with no apparent success. We can only guess that there is a system wide parameter affecting the vector transfers or software level has to be higher.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you
Stephen Fisher
Network Lead

The first thing I would check would be in the system parameters features forms and check the trunk to trunk transfer. The next thing I would look at would be the COS forms and make sure your COS is high enough to allow transfer calls off net.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

In the System-parameter features, Trunk-to-Trunk transfer is set to yes.

Looking at all COS, “Restrict-Call-Forward-Off-Net” is set to N (No) for all except COS 2. My Voicemail system is tied to port 585, which has a COS set to 1 (and a COR set to 1). I do not see where COS would be applied to a VDN or Vector at any point during the call except for when the Vector transfers out (which would use an Extension that has a Coverage path of 99, which goes to coverage point of 585, heading off to the VM system).

One other note, Voicemail works today under normal use. A call rings to my desk, after 4 rings rolls to Coverage path 1 (same as 99 except of number of rings), 585 off-nets it via analog lines. I do not know exactly how the 585 extension works but, It basically set up as a 7405D phone, having 10 call appearances, and 16 busy-ind features with TAC/ext equaling 16 extensions which are tied to 16 analog ports.

Thanks for all the help so far…

How do you have the step in the vector programmed to do the transfer?

stated as follows:

route to number 555 if unconditionally

where would I check to set the coverage? There is nothing in the vector itself for that. We are using a VDN to access the split.

I've never seen it like that. I'm forced to put an "n" or a "y" for coverage in the vector for that kind of step. If it's going to voicemail it would be set to "y". Does extension 555 have a coverage path?

adding to the above...

Cov 'y' or 'n' is not an offering in our vector. Could be that we have an older version of the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back