Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferring licenses from a ADI card to a PLDS card

Status
Not open for further replies.

eljorgisimo

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2022
US
First off, I am not a telephony guy. I am trying to make sure the information I am getting from a vendor is accurate so I can make an informed decision.

So here is the issue:
Our IP500v2 box 9.1.4.0 build 137 (although if you go to help>>>about it says 10.1.0.8.0 build 3, what's that about?)is throwing up the following 3 errors:

1 - System not running System SD primary software
2 - UC Module heartbeat failure: slot 3
3 - Incompatible or invalid SD card fitted: System

I have a vendor that is telling me that he cam try to rebuild the sd card to try to fix this problem but that there is a 50-50 chance of failure. With that high a rate of failure I am leery of doing that repair but of course, the flip side is that at some point the card will completely fail. Right now rebooting the card seems to fix the problem (Attendant stops working, voice mail is in inaccessible. The card is an adi card and since those are not used anymore we would have to purchase a PLDS card from avaya and then transfer the licenses to the PLDS card. He says that this has a cost of over $5,000. First, is this information accurate? (As far as the failure rate) and then is this a reasonable price for transferring to a PLDS card?

Thank you.

Avaya does bone you on the licensing so the cost of that doesn't surprise me. As far as the SD card goes, have you reseated the card or just rebooted the IPO? I have seen cards that give those errors that just need the card reseated. I would give that a try before getting to wild with replacements.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

So turn off the unit, reseat the card and re-start?

Yes.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

9.1.4 is the IP Office version.
10.1.0.8 is the Manager version.
What I would do, is to find the Manager 9.1. Then (after a good backup) format and recreate the SD card. Default IP Office and load again with the SD Card.
If the SD card fails (very rare, I would put it 1/200)... you still can make the upgrade.

I'm not aware that SD cards are different for ADI and PLDS as I have had cards that started on ADI and then migrated to PLDS.

If the card has failed it can be replaced for about $50 but I am not sure if the ADI licences can be transferred. If you had to go to PLDS you need to upgrade to 11 and the cost will depend on the licences you have.

Manager is simply the software used to talk to the box. In general, its release needs to be the same as your IP Office or better. BUT if you are to rebuild the SD card for your 9.1 IP Office, you need to install a 9.1 version of Manager on the laptop that will be doing the formatting, etc. You can go all the way up to 9.1.12 without trouble, but nothing beyond that without licensing. Prior to formatting and rebuilding the SD card, make sure you've got a backup of your config and license files. Use the SD you have...it should work fine. And I wouldn't try going down to Best Buy to get a fresh or faster one because it's not going to work. You need the SD with the identifiers and watermarks that Avaya puts on them.

Tim Alberstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back