Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferring data to floppy disk 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

flasher

Technical User
Mar 4, 2002
US
Hi,
The following has happened more than once. Probably every time I tried copy data to a floppy disk, when I'd bring the disk to another computer, the disk would be completely blank! This is how I do it if it helps:

For a floppy: I just right-click on the folder and choose "send to 31/2 floppy [A]" I hear that clicking noise so something must be happening. But the disk is completely empty when brought to a different computer.

Any ideas why this may be occurring? thanx.

First off I would check the floppy for the files I copied using explorer. If they are not there check that the file or files you are tring to copy are not larger then 1.44 MB windows will not copy those files but usually will issue a corrisponding error. You say that you here the floppy drive working so I'm assuming it is connected properly but it doesn't hurt to check the connections. If the problem still persists I would put it a new floppy drive for about 15 bucks or buy a burner.

Also if after going to explorer or my computer and checking properties you find that the disk does have info. and the other computer just can't read it, make sure that someone hasn't turned on DISK COMPRESSION for your A drive if it is on it will make it unreadable by other computers.. hope this helps...jackha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back