Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferring Calls to an Outside Phone Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

telco101

Technical User
Jan 9, 2007
US
How do I allow (2)phones to transfer a call to an outside number? Can you give me instructions on how to do this for these(2)phones? All other sets will need to remain restricted from trunk to trunk transferring.

set those two phones up with their own cor, set the frl to one that will allow the calls, and the calling permission to allow calling to the cor of the outgoing trunk

Also don't forget COS, choose one allowing trunk to trunk transfer.

The COR and COS have been changed per your instructions. I tested it by calling the extension from my cell, answered call, hit transfer and dialed an outside number. It worked except I couldn't release the call from the extension. If I hung up, it would disconnect the call. Shouldn't I be able to release the call by hitting transfer again? The end-user doesn't want the call to appear on extension line appearance after it's transferred. Am I missing something here?

It has been a while since I had this problem,but I think your problem has to do with call supervision. First test by calling your extension directly (Inbound) and then transfer to the outside number, if this works then it is a call supervision problem. To get around this change your trunk group that you use to make outgoing calls and go the second page and change disconnect supervision IN to y and Out to yes. The system will warn you that it is possible for trunks to lock up.I have not seen trunks lock up for a long time, I think the reason is that most of the CO's provide disconnect supervision nowadays. Use this solution at your own discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back