Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transferring a call to an external number 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRBRENT

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
We have a BCM 400 with 3.6 on it and we hired a remote person for some accounting functions and I need to be able to transfer a customer from my call center out to her phone number. What is the simplest way to do this? Could I set up a local internal extension that forwards out to the outside number? I need it simple as my call center people are phone system challenged.
Thanks
Greg

that'll work
do you consider setting up an IP Phone / softphone for the remote person

That's how I was originally going to do it but I don't see her wearing a headset all day listening for the ring. Where do I setup the forward? I think I know but it may save me some time looking around. Thanks
Greg

Can you forward an extension without a physical phone?

yes, sure. use destination codes to forward to external numbers.
1. create destination code (eg. 300)
2. create a route that uses your PSTN trunk and enter the external number
3. tell dest-code 300 to use the new route

to make this new "ext" available to external callers, add a remote-access package to your PSTN lines that allows usage of your PSTN line pool

I would create a Destination code in call routing with extension 400 if it is available if not try 7 something. In our office we use 7 and the extension number for the individuals mobile.

If you create a new destination code say 7200 in call routing on the BCM. Then create a new route 020 (route number next available or however you wish to set it up)against the route put the number of the third party in the external window. Return to the destination code and set the system to absorb all digits and use the route 020 in normal mode and night mode.

Hope this makes sense,

Marshall

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I will put them to the test this week and will be back with questions if I can't figure it out.
Greg

Thanks guys, I got this working this morning but I have one question. The external number I am routing to is in another state and when I dial it I get "expensive route" on my phone. I know it is just a warning but can I turn that off because I know it will send many questions my way as to why it says that.
Thanks
Greg

just use "normal" on that route, no other schedules or alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back