Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfering Peachtree from a network to a desktop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancer

Technical User
May 3, 2001
US
Trying to transfer Peachtree Complete for DOS, vers 10 (multi-user) from a Novell server to a desktop (single user) to access files and close out businesses. Program runs fine and seems to "read" data files, but any attempt to access results in ERROR # 75 fatal error, followed by ERROR # 5 fatal error and then program shut down.

Have followed PeachTree website documents for installations from multi user to single (including SUBST shared directiories) and windows 95 issues. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

Jeanne: Thanks for your inputs. The forum you pointed me to, seems to only deal with Peachtree for Windows. Did a "quick" search, but didn't find anything relevant.
Lancer

Sorry that didn't work. I'm sending this thread to my sister - she is the real Peachtree expert.

Jeanne

Jeanne: Thanks again for your help and interest. I've gone back and studied my problem more carefully. I have all the modules activated for my accounting work. If I pick any module (other than General Ledger), to work with, the installation gives me an error message that the module is in use by another program, and can't be modified or accessed. (Since it's on a single user set-up, this is of course, not true. From what I've read, this is a "Share" problem).

Only the General Ledger module produces the error #75 and error #5 failure. Haven't figured out what this means specifically as yet.

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back