Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfering info from Access to an Excel Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua61679

Technical User
Dec 28, 2001
US
I've got an Access db that has three steps to fill out. First there is a general form, then a service form, then a job specific form. These are called NewJob, Cased1, & Cased2 respectively. I need to use the information from these 3 forms to populate an Excel template named simplecasedhole.xls. All of the fields corrispond and are named accordingly on both the forms and the spredsheet. Is there a way for me to get all three forms to populate the spredsheet with the same button?

transferspreadsheet be sure to carefully check the named range argument. see help for details.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

I think you may have trouble trying to export data from three different forms into one Excel sheet. Because data from one form will override the data from the previous form. (ex. Case 1 will override NewJob). But my question to you is all the data from the forms saving on one sheet or on multiple sheets? Paul
paul_wilson74@hotmail.com

Here is a link to a thread I started months ago that will help you indirectly. It something to consider thread705-362853 Paul
paul_wilson74@hotmail.com

The data is saving on multiple sheets, primarily because I need to many fields for one sheet, but also since NewJob has general info, and from there you can choose from a variety of forms that ask for different information according to the form choosen, Cased1 is just one example. Simplecasedhole.xls is a service sheet template. So a short example of what I'm looking to do is:

Have a customer entered in NewJob,
The user then chooses the service type (ie Cased1)
Have a job type entered
The user hits the next button to bring up Cased2
Have the job details entered
The user hits the done button to bring up simplecasedhole
Fields labeld Customer, JobType & JobDetails in
simplecasedhole are populated from what have just been
entered.

I'm ok on everything but the last part. Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back