Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transfering datastore

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH24

MIS
Jun 18, 2001
GB
Is it possible to transfer parts of a datastore to a new datastore?
the main thing i am thinking is the license information.
I am on Citrix XPa FR3 and have a hell of a lot of license details that i will have to firstly get and then input and really would like another way of doing this. I know there is a utility that can do this but was wondering if i can not just replicate the license information from one datastore to the new one.

Thanks

Eh No!
Whole database must live as an entity.

You can move the Whole database using the dsmaint command tho

Cheers
Scott

Thanks Ascotta, wonder if you can answer my main problem?

My main problem is that i need to change our subnet in our office, as soon as i put our current datastore on a new subnet it and put all the servers and pcs on the new subnet the published apps stop working. Even creating new ones does not work.

I can connect to the datastore which is on a SQL server from the citrix servers in Citrix Management Console.

As soon as i put everything back onto the original subnet it works again.
The closest answer i have to this is that it is caused by having a default zone name of our old network, there is a small piece on this in advanced citrix concepts....any ideas???
Thanks

I have seen this post and it has confused the heck out of me. I have had a bit of a thought at it now and I suspect it has nothing to do with the server or data stores etc. I reckon it is the client end.

Did you refresh your applications ? You may need to set a client up again to make it work.

Check it out I think that if you get the clients to refresh then it may work.

Cheers
Scott

On the citrix servers i stopped the IMA service and recreated the local host cache, then started the IMA service which started with no errors, tried rebooting the SQL server as well.

On the client end of things i tried refreshing, creating a brand new connection, also tried altering the the server locations to point to different Citrix XPA servers on that subnet.
If i put the IP address of the server in i am able to connect no problems, is purly Published apps and Server names i cannot connect to.
Checked IP connectivity, which was fine.
Also checked DNS, which was fine.

Must admit all this has confused the hell out of me as i just cant work out what the problem can be if it is not the datastore getting upset about a different subnet.
I changed from a /24 subnet to a /22 subnet.

Have you tried changing the default zone name to something more descriptive(company name, site..), not IP based...

John

I agree with 'Titleist', create a new zone from the MMC and move your servers into it.

No that is one thing that i have not tried to do. I was not sure of the implications of doing this.
I will give it a try and see if that work.

Thanks

it is very simple but you will have to reboot your servers.

btw, I have migrated datastores before. The way I did it was to create a new SQL DB on the new server, stop the DB, and import a backup copy and restart the DB.

you can then take one of your metaframe servers, stop IMA, run the dsmaint command and point the path to your new datastore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back