Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfering calls from Cisco phone over QSIG to Nortel extension 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvs2k1

Technical User
Apr 19, 2011
US
Hi there.

I have a bit of an odd issue. We have several Cisco phones set up here at my office for Call Centers. The site runs off of an Nortel Option 81 PBX. All of the Cisco phones are set up as CDP numbers using DSC. All of the Cisco phones are set up in the 2500 range of DIDs. However, there are other Nortel phones set up with DIDs in that range as well. My problem is, when someone on the Cisco phones try calling a non-Cisco phone in the 2500 range, they get a fast busy. They can dial any other DID range that we have with no problems. Just the 2500 ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sounds like your issue is in the Cisco, not the Nortel. The Cisco Call Manager will have to be set up to send these non Cisco 2500 numbers over the QSIG PRI back to the Nortel. Doesn't sound like that has been done in the Cisco.

You probably need to set up a route pattern in the Cisco for this, but also, in your CDP of the Nortel, make sure the options are granular enough where it is not trying to send the calls directly back to the Cisco for all 25xx numbers, just the ones that are actually present on the Cisco.
If you are sending the whole range back you are probably sending the call back and forth between the two systems until all your channels are used up, then you get the busy signal, not good for anyone else trying to call!

Thanks you guys. Each CDP is listed for the individual extensions, not the entire range. I will give this a try. Thanks again.

Ok...After looking in Call Manager, where and how do I make this change? I am more of a Nortel guy and know enough about Cisco to be dangerous.

Thanks.

About how many nortel phones in that DID range are there? You would build route patterns for this that would route back to the nortel. I'm guessing since you can call some nortel extensions from Cisco you have route partitions/lists built to point back to the nortel.
The route patterns can be found under Call Routing_Route/Hunt_Route Pattern.
Just as you have broken up the cdp's in the nortel, you will have to do the same for the 25x numbers you want to ring back on nortel side

Go to Call Routing - route/hunt - route pattern.

Look in there for one that matches a pattern of an extension that works, then build (or copy it) to match up with the numbers you want to be able to dial. Remember this will have to be granular enough not to include the numbers that you do not want to transfer to the Nortel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back