Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfering between 2 outgoing calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlickieboy

Technical User
Feb 5, 2008
US
I'm making an outcall and wanting to transfer that call to another outcall I made. Is this possible? and how? I have a 5.0 IP system, about 3 months old.

we use g3-siv11 but I think is that trunking parameters would still apply even on newer applications:
here is what I sent to my team members so they would understand. I also found that this can be changed but not recommended

Transfer parameters:

Incoming call > you can transfer, inside or outside the company. (Signaling remains intact with the original call
and the phone system (PBX) knows when to release the line)

Outside call > you can transfer inside the company, but can not place another outside call & transfer both calls together.
(the signaling would be lost between our PBX and the other endpoints, this opens up the possibility of toll-fraud as well as causes trunk ports to lock up – not good!)

This is a feature of the system that safeguards fraud as well as protects itself from locking up trunks.
If we receive an incoming call; it has different signaling (communication between the end points) than if we place an outside call.

Not recommended because incoming callers can get users to dial anywhere unrestricted, then conference and drop.
Most companies have this shut down to prevent toll fraud.

For trunk to trunk transfer to work the trunk-groups involved must have:

Disconnect Supervision - In? y Out? y

change system-parameters features Page 1 of 6
FEATURE-RELATED SYSTEM PARAMETERS
Trunk-to-Trunk Transfer: all

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

thanks for the help, this was my basic thought but I didn't know if there was a crazy trick someone knew. I will appoach the problem from a different angle. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back