Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer wizard cached logon domain down

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVD100

Technical User
Dec 10, 2008
US
Hello All,
My domain (SBS2003) is down. I am configuring a client desktop (XP Pro SP3) for a user using the tranfering files and settings wizard. I have administrator access using cached logon. However, I cannot logon to the new computer as the user that I transfered files and settings to. I assume the cached logon for the user does not transfer with the wizard. Is there another way to logon on the new client PC without the domain controller? Also the user does not show up in the Users and Groups on the client PC. Thanks.

The user will show up when logged on once.
instead of domain logon you can use local logon (hit ctrl alt del once if you get the logon screen in case you dont get the choice)

M. Knorr

MCSE, MCTS, MCSA, CCNA

Lemon13 thanks for your suggestion. However, this does not work. The problem is that the new PC is not able to connect to the DC because it is down. Therefore the user is not able to logon because it does not have a local cached logon. Is there a way to transfer the cached logon information from the old PC to the new PC? The transfer files and settings wizard does not seem to do this. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back