Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Voicemails and Auto Attendant greeting to new 500V2A system with embedded VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bprogrammer

Programmer
Aug 28, 2015
US
I know how to do this in the embedded file management but since lease renewals are all 500V2A controllers now, I have noticed that this does not work. Is there a different destination folder than before?
Or another way to transfer so that customer does not lose any voicemails or have to record Auto Attendant greeting again. Thanks in advance for helpful info.

The VM on Embedded is all on the SD card. Are you swapping the SD?
Is so, download the files from the LVMail fold to your desktop. Replace the SD and upload them back using embedding file mgmt.
This is the only way they will still work. If you copy them on the SD from your laptop they will not work.

Yes, LVMail folder under Dynamic. I have done this many times but it does not seem to work in the IP Office 500V2A. Have you successfully done this on a V2A system?

I just programmed another system to be installed tomorrow and all VM, User VM greetings and auto attendant greeting will be lost. I copied the files in the System/Dynamic/LVMail folder from the existing sytem and pasted them into a folder on my desktop. I then pasted them in the same folder on the new SD card of the new, IP Office 500V2A system, and when I check for the Auto Attendant greeting it says message has not yet been recorded. Do the files need to go in a different folder on the 500V2A system? I understand that the files go on the SD Card, I am saying it appears to not work on a V2A system. This is not a seamless transition for the customer to lose all VM, User VM Greetings and Auto Attendant greeting. I would like to avoid that but no idea why it doesn't work other than some issue with 500V2A system does not use same folder or some other issue. This will not be my last customer to renew a lease and get a new system so I really want to learn how to make the files work on the new units.

I didn't try on a V2a. I do know that the sequence is important.
From Embedded File management download the contents of the LVMAIL folder to a folder on your desktop.
Insert the new card.
From Embedded file Management, go to the LVMAIL folder and right click. Choose upload and select the folder you originally downloaded them to..
Once complete.
Reboot the IPO and wait for a while for the files to sync.

Copying the file and pasting will not work. Won't restore.

I played with it and you are correct. That fixed it. Thanks for the info. The files do not help until you reboot.

The system needs the reboot to index all the files. That is also the reason why the embedded vm is taking an eternity if you have a lot of messages in there.
I had a system with nearly 4000 messages and it took 10 minutes to start up.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back