Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transfer Voicemail Pro restore files to Application server

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRISTIAN

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2009
MT
thread940-1664155

Just installed application server 8.1

I read the above interesting thread but unfortunately am still stuck.

I cannot make winscp work, keep getting access denied with webcontrol, web.

I could make shares and access them ok. I made a share just like the path specified in the manual /opt/vmpro/Backup/Scheduled/OtherBackups and managed to access it and put backup.

Still when I tried to restore from web interface it did not find any backups to retore.

Help pls!

update. after a while this worked.

it seems after I changed password for the created user to a higher difficulty one. (not sure if it was this that solved it though!)

OK. After a while testing I concluded the following procedure provides always access to the shared folder created:

1. create a share
2. assign user, give RW permissions
3. restrictions - skip

(if you try to access folder here it wont let you)

4. change password for the user that is going to be used (you can enter same password as before)
5. access linux shared folder immediately : )

Hope this is of some help to anyone.

This procedure can be used to copy voicemail backups from application server to windows, and vice versa.

I think you have a different problem as that folder should be accessible by default.
If not then setting the read and write permissions can be done from WinSCP or any other SSH tool.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I have reinstalled the server a couple of times and I always have same symptoms from winSCP for some reason, I am denied access.

Though, I find it easier to have a shared folder. So I guess better this way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back