Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim376

Programmer
Jan 20, 2006
US
In a loop start, key mode Merlin Magix, there is 8 to 9 seconds of silence when a trunk to trunk transfer takes place. Is there anyway to prevent this period of silence? some customer are hanging up thinking they have been disconnected. Thanks for any help

I am rather certain that is how it is.

If this trunk to trunk is done by a person, they could announce to the caller about the Silence.

I have also heard VOICE MAIL Initiated Trunk to Trunk transfers give a warning as well.

Thanks, The trunk to trunk is manual and also by delayed remote call forwarding. The system has music on hold. I'm thinking about removing the music on hold by the transfer audio feature for ring transfer. To see if that will make a difference. Thanks

Did you try a # at the end of the telephone number to let the system know there will be no more digits?

That's a good idea.

The LEGEND/MAGIX likes to have a user initiated END OF DIAL Signal (THE POUND SIGN) provided.

That just may help.

I had more than one argument with Bell Labs about that pound sign requirement.

But, I always lost!

I'll try the # on Manual transfer, But some of the transfers are via remont call forwarding. Now I was using MOH and today removed it and set the transfer feature to ring back. By the way the system is in Key mode and the trunks are copper with loop start. Also reliable disconnect has been turned on. By the way the original problem was the trunks would not release. After two days of arguing Alltel finally said they forgot to turn on the release on the trunksin the CO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back