Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer to voicemail issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSTaylor

Technical User
Apr 17, 2010
US
Again, bear with me as I'm slowly trying to figure this all out and learn it. Please advise what additional information is needed should I leave it out.

We have two facilities in very much different towns 100 miles apart. The operator in one town answers all incoming call for both facilities. What happens is, when a public member calls the main number of site A, it rolls through a TIE to site B where it's answered by the operator. When the operator goes to send the call back to site A, if she releases the call and does not stay on the line, if the dept does not answer the call and it goes to roll to voicemail, it looks for ext "2200", not the extension that is dialed by the operator. However, if the operator stays on the line, it will go to voicemail, or if the call comes in direct to the dept, or through the switchboard in site A, it goes to voicemail. Here are the settings for the D-Channel TIES:

ADAN DCH 0 - ON SITE A PBX
CTYP MSDL
DNUM 15
PORT 1
DES SITE B
USR PRI
DCHL 3
OTBF 32
PARM RS422 DTE
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT
NASA NO
IFC SL1
SIDE USR
CNEG 1
RLS ID 24
RCAP ND2 MSDL TAT
MBGA NO
OVLR NO
OVLS NO
T200 3
T203 10
N200 3
N201 260
K 7

ADAN DCH 0 - ON SITE B PBX
CTP MSDL
DNUM 6
PORT 0
DES SITE A
USR PRI
DCHL 2
OTBF 32
PARM RS422 DTE
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT
NASA NO
IFC SL1
SIDE NET
SEMT 1
CNEG 1
RLS ID 24
RCAP ND2 TAT
MBGA NO
OVLR NO
OVLS NO
T200 3
T203 10
N200 3
N201 260
K 7

It's as if somehow, somewhere, it's not dropping the 2200 (main line into facility) that is dialed by the user outside of the system, and grabbing the ext that is dialed by the pbx op. Any ideas of what to look for, where to start, whom to reach out to. Any ideas?

How is the routing between the 2 sites? CDP, 4 digits dialing or something else.

CDP. The console is set in nite mode and the nite number is 2000, which is CDP'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back