Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer to VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

kepetersen

Technical User
Jun 25, 2010
US
How do you transfer to a voicemail box directly in AAM?

Set up a vertual or x ported number that covers to the AAM. Do not give it a mailbox in the AAM. The AAM will answer and ask you to press # to login or enter a mailbox number. If you enter a mailbox you will go directly to that mailbox.

So.. With caller on the line, hit Transfer, dial number that you created above, wait for AAM to answer, enter mailbox that you want to leave a message for, hit Transfer

Thanks... Robert

Hi guys,
This configuration worked for me. My problem is that if the sender tries to send the caller to a number that is not have a voice mailbox set up the caller get the prompt to enter a working mailbox number but does not have a way back to the operator/attendant. Any suggestions?

You could add a caller App to transfer to with a timeout or an option to go somewhere else.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

You can add a caller application (Menu) to the system with a target number and have it set to transfer to mailbox number that is dialed and if it is not valid then you can * out

It is almost the same as a caller app in MM

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back