Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer to VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrain8

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2005
US
I have an S8500 with Intuity Audix and I want to have a transfer to vm setup. Basically, I want an admin to be able to receive a call on a brdg-appr or on any call and have the ability to hit a button and have the call xfer into audix and NOT to the general Audix greeting. I want to be able to do this and get right to 'please enter the ext. of the person'.. is there anyway to do this?

Currently there is a *2 function but that sends the caller to the main audix greeting and if answered on a brdg-appr it sends that call directly to that users' ext. recorded voice greeting. I'm trying to get it so it transfers and asks the caller to enter teh mailbox # of the person they are trying to reach.

the only way i've been able to accomplish this on Definity family systems with AUDIX is creating an extension and an automated attendant where all the extension digits are set to 'call-answer' instead of 'transfer'.
it's not a quick way, usually the process is to press <transfer> dial the extension you set up to go to the voicemail, wait for prompt to answer, enter the mailbox extension & press <transfer> again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back