Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer to VM after 15 minutes on ACD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertsuggs

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2014
US
I am trying to figure out how to transfer a caller to voicemail after they have been waiting for 15 minutes on my ACD.

I believe I am looking for some type of combination in the CCV. Perhaps multiple CCVs until I get to 15 minutes of announcements/pauses?

Also, as a side question: When my ACD was set up, it has a 6-second pause to start each CCV. Is this a best practice?

Thank you!

This system is an NEC SV8500 with internal ACD (CallCenterWorX-Enterprise).

6 second pause is correct. What does your CCV look like?
Usually you can place a pause statement (specify time), then a transfer statement. In the Transfer field place the VM pilot, or a virtual extension CFA to VM to go to a specific mailbox.

CCV 1 looks like the following:

1. Pause 6
2. Queue To Split 1
3. If Not Queued 0010:01
4. Announcement 1
5. Pause 30
6. Announcement 2
7. Pause 30
8. Announcement 3
9. Pause 30
10. Announcement 4
11. Pause 30
12. Goto CCV 0001:10 (basically a loop)
13. End CCV

Maybe I don't understand the pause statement. If I enter Pause 450 (for 15 minutes) then nothing will happen for 15 minutes, right? I want the caller to continue to hear an announcement every little bit so they know we are still with them.

Thank you for your help!

If you want to have the caller hear the announcement every 30 seconds, then you will have to send them to another CCV. There are only 20 lines of statements per CCV. For 30 seconds to 15 minutes maximum, you will need several. Your final statement with the loop back will have to be deleted in favor of additional pause + 30 statements before rolling out to the VM. I would try to get the customer to go to a 60 second pause to reduce the number of CCV's and statements needed. Note that while paused it will play the specified announcement for the specified time, then any MOH provided. So, a pause of 60 seconds with a 30 second announcement will play 30 seconds of announcement then 30 seconds of MOH before going to the next statement.

Thanks for your help. Is it possible to have the Hold music play during the pause? Or is there another way to have the hold music play between announcements?

MOH should play in between. EX: CCV has a pause for 30 sec, with a DAT announcement of lets say 28 seconds, then you get 2 seconds of MOH. Pause 60 seconds with a DAT annc of 28 sec gives you 32 sec of MOH.

And it does work! My Message timer for each announcement in AADT was set for too long. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back