Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer to Helpdesk While In Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBarrnes

MIS
Jul 12, 2004
US
Is there a way to set up my mailbox to allow the caller to dial 0 to be transferred to the helpdesk instead of *8 and then the extension? I'd rather only have to tell them one digit to push in my greeting.
Thanks TJ

Wow - it should be simpler than this, shouldn't it?

Here's what I would do in a situation like this - I would put a physical phone someplace out-of-the-way, where no one would want to use it for inbound calls. (IDF closets, etc.). Then, I would give that station the X-port extension you're currently dialing for the help desk. Just in case, I would also set the call-appearences on the phone to NOT ring.

Now that the number belongs to a real, live physical station, callers should be able to transfer to this number by just pressing 0 during your Audix greeting.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

I had a similar problem once with a basic audix a while ago, i don't know if this will help but i'll post it anyhow. If the helpdesk x is not the same length and starts with the same digit as your vm port x then audix may have a problem transferring.

For example if you vm ports are x101,102,103 and the ext you are trying to transfer to is x1010 then audix will give you that message.

i just thought of one more thing. In audix there is a transfer dialplan (i believe the command is ch tran or such)
if 1XXX is not in there then the audix won't let you route the call to any extensions that are 4 digits starting with 1.

again, might be to late but nevertheless...hope it helps.

I can't find what you're describing. I navigated through several Audix screens, and even tried that command, but it's not working.

its been a long time since i looked at an audix so i can't give you the exact string but looking at your posts above it looks like you have extension in the 3000 range. So if you can't find the transfer dial plan then you can do the following:

1. setup another extension in the 3000 series extension (X port) with the same properties as the ext 1865 (ie coverage path etc).

2. Add the new extension as a subsriber in the audix and then have the 0 out go to the new extension.

It looks likeyou already have the transfer enabled for 3000 series.

good luck.

I did everything you said and it still says "please wait line busy". I know when you dial one of those X ported extensions when the operator doesn't have it forwarded, you get a busy signal. So maybe Audix isn't smart enough to know that the extension is forwarded at the attendant console.

to be honest..i think it is. The audix should preform the transfer even if the call is forwarded. For example, if you forward your office phone to your cell people should still be able to reach you the autoattendant.

Audix shouldn't care whether its a phanton DN or not. I know because i've used phantom DN's before through audix.

The only idea i have left is the transfer dial plan. try, in audix the command, "ch sys tran" maybe the transfer dialplan in audix is exact to the extensions and the original programmers did not use wild cards (X).

let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back