Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Text Macro in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoCrazi

Technical User
Dec 13, 2006
US
The answer to this question may be in this forum somewhere and if it is I overlooked it. My question is whenever I try to create a transfer text macro in Access into a Word mail merge I get the error 3027 "Can't Update. Your database or object is read-only." Neither my database or the query is read-only. How do I get around this to create this macro. Please help. I have seen how to get around it transferring into an Excel spreadsheet, but I need to transfer it to a text file. Expertise needed badly.

I don't understand, when you run a marcos that has a procedure that export the data as text, then the text used as the datasource for a mail merge document you come get an error?

look at the secutities of the directory you are putting the data into. It sounds as like a network issue.

Let me Know if this helps.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back