Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Ring Time Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFSRJSTW

Technical User
Jan 2, 2004
US
I have an odd question. I have two coverage paths setup...105 and 106. The only difference between the two is the number of rings. 5 vs 6. The coverage path information is below. When a call is transfered to an extension with coverage path 106, rather than covering to voice mail after 6 rings, it directs the call to the Operator. Can anyone explain why this happens? Is this something I can change? h99 is our Audix hunt group.

Coverage Path Number: 105
Hunt after Coverage? n
Next Path Number: Linkage

COVERAGE CRITERIA

Station/Group Status Inside Call Outside Call
Active? n n
Busy? y y
Don't Answer? y y Number of Rings: 5
All? n n
DND/SAC/Goto Cover? y y

COVERAGE POINTS

Terminate to Coverage Pts. with Bridged Appearances? n

Point1: h99 Rng: Point2: Point3:
Point4: Point5: Point6:

Thanks

please post coverage path 106, since that is the one not working...

Coverage Path Number: 106
Hunt after Coverage? n
Next Path Number: Linkage

COVERAGE CRITERIA

Station/Group Status Inside Call Outside Call
Active? n n
Busy? y y
Don't Answer? y y Number of Rings: 6
All? n n
DND/SAC/Goto Cover? y y

COVERAGE POINTS

Terminate to Coverage Pts. with Bridged Appearances? n

Point1: h99 Rng: Point2: Point3:
Point4: Point5: Point6:

do the agents/stations that use coverage path 106, have mailboxes on the vm system?
try changing one of the stations that use cov p 105 to use 106 and see if the problem happens...
I really don't know, just throwing ideas out there..

All the extensions involved have functional voice mail boxes on the Audix system. If I take an extension that has coverage path 105, and transfer to it, it will cover to VM after 5 rings like it should. If I take that same extrension and change the coverage path to 106, it will route me to the switchboard after 6 rings instead of voice mail. Is there a setting somewhere that says after x rings of no answer, route to the switchboard maybe?

create another coverage path using 'add coverage n' should be your next one....ie 107, program it just like coverage path 106 and see if 107 works after 6 rings....if it does do a remove coverage 106 and just use 107. could be a corrupted entry in the coverage table i had that once....

I created a new coverage path, 109, and set it up identical to 106, and I get the same behavior. Seems to happen with any coverage path with more than 5 rings in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back