Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer queued calls to voicemail when .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rackunit

Technical User
Sep 12, 2002
AU
Wow ...great forum ,

My question for the seasoned experts is what PROCEDURE I should take to have queued calls transfered to a certain voicemail when no agents are available and the customer has waited for 60 seconds (for example).

Our system is using Lucent CentreVu v6 ...can this be setup as a script for centreVu .Please forgive my lack of knowledge.As you can probly tell im not a proffesional but my company cannot afford to pay for this... I am very keen to learn and im sick of getting my a*s kicked when we have 17% abandoned calls. :)

I would greatly appreciate any help or direction
from the forum experts

kindest regards
rackunit :)

I have read the last 30 pages of topics and im really impressed by the sharing of knowledge here ... :)

Hi rackunit,

There are a few things you can do here depending on how you want to present it to your customers/users.

Setup the VECTOR to.
Goto step x if Availible-agents in split/skill xx < 1.
Then in step x put.
Route to mailboxnumberhere cov = y unconditionaly.

This will check on agents availability first, if less then 1. It will go to the step routing to your dedicated m/box.

Or try this,
Wait-Time 60 seconds hearing music.
Collect 1 digit after Annoucement xxxx.
Goto step x if digits = 1.
Goto step xy unconditionaly.
In the Annoucement, tell the customer to press 1 to leave a voicemail.

Personaly i would route the call back to step xy to where the customer Queues at the begining because some customers just don't like voicemail !!!

Hope this helps.

haico.

thank you very much for taking the time to help me haico

I look forward to trying this tomorow

kind regards
rackunit

Alternatively, you could use the messaging skill to route to voicemail, if one is configured:

01 wait-time 0 seconds hearing silence
02 queue to skill xx
03 wait-time 60 seconds hearing music
04 collect 1 digit after annoucement nnnn
05 goto step 7 if digits = 1
06 goto step 03 if unconditionally
07 messaging-skill 99 for extension yyyy

In the Annoucement, tell the customer to press 1 to leave a voicemail. Every minute, they will get the option to leave voicemail.

Dave Wolgast
HealthNow NY, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back