Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer of SageLine50 Customers into ACT9

Status
Not open for further replies.

lani0310

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2007
GB
I am trying to transfer customers from Sage into ACT.

We do not have the ACT Sage Link to do this easily as want to try it out before paying for that.

I have managed to save customers into excel and from there import into ACT. However, this only allows for A/C, Company Name, Contact, Balance, Credit Limit, Telephone.

Is it possible to transfer full customer details including addresses etc? Or is the paid link between ACT & Sage really necessary first?

You can import ACT! contacts with all field data (including the addresses) if you have exported them.

However, if you want to add data to ACT! records that already exist, or if you want to import into Sales Opportunities, Histories or auto add Companies and link the contacts to them, you'll need itImport -
Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Ok I've actually managed to import all details now by exporting through sage first. The only error I am getting is for all records the company name shows as something similar to this:

Imported Company 07b2ecf8-5414-435f-bd61-d52ece5f6038

I have mapped the 'company name' from the csv file to 'company description' in ACT. Is it something I'm doing wrong there?

There is no 'company' option when mapping. 'Company description' was the closest choice available.

Thank you. Although I had added the same field names they did not show up on first try. Got it working now.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back