Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer of incoming call

Status
Not open for further replies.

bttech

Programmer
Sep 17, 2010
US
Customer has a Partner ACS and wants to do the following:
Take the incoming call, then conference the call to an 800 number. Once they conference the call to an 800 number they want to drop their self out of the call and leave the caller connected to the 800 number.

I have never heard of such a request but wanted to post it in case there is something I am not aware of on this matter.
If somehow this is possible is there a button that can be programmed on the phone sets to do this scenario?

I am on the understanding for a conference call to be active a system phone has to be one piece of the puzzle.

Once you drop off the conference call, the call will drop. If it is always being transferred to the same 800 number, you could set an extension on the Partner ACS to forward to that number. Then, transfer the caller to that extension. The caller will go on hold while you introduce the call. When you hang up the caller will be connected to the 800 number. You need at least an R6 or above processor to remote call forward....and the caller would take 2 lines for the duration of the call (call in on line 1, transferred out on line 2).

Other than that, they could change their lines to centrex lines which would allow an off-site transfer through their telephone provider.

Or, you could get a feature called Call Transfer Disconnect from your service provider. Call Transfer Disconnect can be added on a per line basis, and gives you call transfer capability to any number using that line. Pacific Bell offers the feature in California, I don't know who else does elsewhere.

....JIM....

AT&T offers this in the Southeast US. I think it's termed "Three-Way Calling with Transfer".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back