Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer of External Incoming Calls to Cell Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhislop

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
US
Hi all, I have seen this issue addressed before but have been unable to achieve 100% success with it.

I have a Legend 4.0 PBX with the usual assortment of MLX phones. Management has Nextel phones and we would like to have any calls to their extensions forward to their Nextels if they do not pick up the MLXs right away.

This is what I have done so far on one extension, x125:

[1] Went to Extensions, Remote Frwd, and entered x125.

[2] Went to users’s phone, got dialtone, typed *3392125551212#.

This works for internal calls. External calls transferred to x125 generated an error message on the transferring phone's screen.

[3] Went to Extensions – More – More – TrkTransfer – 125.

No longer receive error on transferring phone, but after a few rings it rings back to transferring phone, without ringing the Nextel phone.

[4] Went to System Programming – LinesTrunks – TT/LS Disc – LS Disconnect – Yes – Enter.

I was wary of this one but encountered something totally unexpected: any call to our company's published phone number automatically transferred to the person's Nextel! [surprise]

[5] Went to System Programming – LinesTrunks – TT/LS Disc – LS Disconnect – No – Enter.

Now the operator consoles ring again but still cannot transfer outside calls to the extension and have the Nextel ring.

Any explanation as to the functioning of the TT/LS Disc would be appreciated, and would also appreciate a solution to the original question!

Thanks in advance,

Roger

Try extending the Transfer Return Time:
Options > Transfer > Return Time > (set to 0 thru 9; a setting of 0 means that calls are never returned and should not be used if you have single-line telephones). This may take some tweeking, when calling a cell phone it takes additional time (and rings) for the cell phone to be located (for instance, I just called my cell phone and I heard three rings before the cell phone began to ring).

The TT/LS Disc is used to classify the disconnect signal sent by the Central Office on loop-start trunks as either:
1) RELIABLE (Signal sent within a short time) or
2) UNRELIABLE (Signal may not be provided)

Why you got the results you did is not indicative of this setting and may be related to something not related.

franke

rhislop,

If trunk-to-trunk transfer is enabled for that ext, go to the phone and dial #33. The display should say "Forward call to:" Dial 9 and a number. Then call that ext. and it should go to whatever phone number you entered. Bsabb

Franke,

Thank you for your insightful email. I cannot increase my delay time as it is a systemwide setting, so I have abandoned the idea of ringing the cellphone for now. I agree with your diagnosis regarding the reliable/unreliable TT/LS Disc, but was hoping I was wrong! Thanks again for your help.

Bsabb,

I've tried that route, but the calls do not forward properly as described above.

Thanks again for your help!

Roger

A couple of things: First the forwarding delay time should be set at teh extension level, not sytem, but since it is an older release, that may be an issue. Second, when you are setting up the dial string for the forwarding, you may want to try a pause after the 9; third set all the SA keys to be ring keys. I was told once that if a call arrived on a "voice" key, it could not be remote forwarded. I didn't believe it until I tried it,and it worked. Give it a shot. TipHelp@charter.net

One more item I have discovered. Check your FRL COS level on station 125. Default is 3 I think. Needs to be around 4 or 5, maybe 6. This is for the extension. If a special route is in play the FRL is opposite. least restrictive is going down toward 0.

I think if you try changing the station FRL to 6 you will see the results. Now mind you this is experience on release 6 and 7. I have never had to deal with delay settings and such. But been there done that on four switches. Once the trk/trk is set I got stuck until I played with FRL.

Good luck, and let us know what worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back