Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer of call to voicemail comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevince

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2003
GB
We have a problem with our system in that when someone wants to transfer a call to someone's voicemail, the call will come back to transferring extension after the phone is put down. i.e if I try and transfer a call to someone who isn't there, the call will come back to me once the voicemail of that person kicks in. Ideally I would like to be able to transfer a call to someone's extension whether they're there or not. Any ideas anyone?

sounds a bit weird have you looked at your VSDN table in mail also it maybe a good idea to check the following

EFD/HUNT/EHT/FDN - make sure one or all of these point to an ACDDN in the meridian, this ACDDN should then also appear in the VSDN table in mail with VM set as the service

Hi,

It's strange that the call comes back to the person that transfered the call, but you could also do the following:

Transfer the call to express messaging. But before your complete the transfer, enter the DN of the persons mailbox, and then complete the transfer...

That's what I always do, so the caller doesn't have to wait untill the call is put trough to voicemail...

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

First place I would check is to make sure that CFNA is set up for say 4 rings. The other option is to use feature 986 and transfer that call directly into vm.

Are you talking about a NORSTAR or a PBX.

Unrein

Feature 986 is a NORSTAR feature not a PBX system

When I transfer a call to the express messaging DN (Mermail 13), the caller does not hear the callee's voicemail greeting. Is there a user or system setting which controls that behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back