Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer not working from Nortel to Cisco Voip

Status
Not open for further replies.

shedav

MIS
Jun 24, 2009
US
We have an Option 61C and have added a Cisco 2811 Gateway. We are having trouble transferring an outside call from a Nortel phone to any of our Cisco voip phones. I can do this with my two Nortel maintenance phone because the cls is FTTU. Everyone else is set to FTTC. What kind of problems will I open up if everyone is changed to FTTU or even FTTR? I thought FTTC was done as part of a security issue for our trunks. Has anyone had this issue before?

Which of these responses to FTOP does your system have?

[tt]
>ld 21
PT1000

REQ: PRT
TYPE: NET
TYPE NET_DATA
CUST 0

TYPE NET_DATA

FTOP = FRES
FTOP = TBFT
FTOP = FTTB
FTOP = FTLY

[/tt]

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

Are the extensions CDP'd from the Nortel? If not they need to be because the Nortel will not know where to send the call to.

FTOP is enabled based on that, so you are stuck turning it off (Set FTOP=FRES to turn all phones into the equivalent of FTTU)

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

What will that do to my trunk security then?

Security will be affected as such:

Suzy Clerk will be able to transfer her daughter to Gramma's house in Florida.

If someone calls in and claims to be the President, and convinces Suzy to transfer him to Sydney, the call will go through. Let's just hope it's Sydney in Accounting and not Sydney Australia.

If your voice mail system security failed, then FTTR on those TNs would have been your back up, blocking hackers from compromising it.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about that right now...you need to get your system working. I'd change FTOP=FRES (to turn FTOP off for now). Next, I'd set all the "people" phones to CLS FTTU, then make sure voice mail and common area phones are CLS FTTR, then turn FTOP=FTLY (turn it back on) when that project is completed.

Thank you for your help. No one talks about FTTR is that a player in this scenerio?

FTTR means you simply cannot connect trunks together.

FTTC means you can be involved in a conference

FTTU means you can be in a conference and you can release and keep the conference going.

Oh so a somewhat fix is I can leave ld 21 the way it is and give FTTR to the ones that do not have conference capability and they can transfer outside calls from the Nortel switch to Cisco and my trunks are still secure?

BTW, thanks for all your help.

The fix is to give FTTU to people that must transfer callers to the other system over the trunks.

FTTC is "default" and allows conference but not transfer over trunks.

FTTR is the most restrictive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back