Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer made calls to other switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

voicetec1

Technical User
Jul 15, 2011
US
I have nursing staff that make calls to patients and if the patient needs to be seen again they need to transfer the call to a scheduling call center that resides on another switch. The sites are linked by PRI and SIP trunks. I am told that it is for security reasons that you can't do. I don't beleive it. It's driving people crazy.

Can the nursing staff call the other switch? What kind of phones are the nursing staff using? If they have analog phones, is XFA in the CLS. If digital phones what's the nursing staff getting when they place the original caller on hold and dial the other switch?

The staff can call the other cs1000 with LOC code and dn. They calling from 3904 sets on a cs1000. The point is the switch is doing exactly as it should. You can't make an outbound call from the switch and then transfer the call off it. I have been able to setup a 500 set with ftr fdn 22600xxxxx and xfr on the last ring before the fdn kicks in. As far as the staff being able to do this.....not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back