Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphi

Technical User
Mar 6, 2006
IR
I have a call cenetr with 5 agents,running CCM4.0 with a Cisco 2620 router (4FXO,Running MGCP).
everthing is Ok,but I have problem in transfrring call from outside.I mean, I can transfer internal calls ,but when a customer calls from outside and an agent wants to transfer the call to another agent ,customer will hear music and call can not be connected.
Call Park works in my network,but we need call tarnsfer.
Please help me on this.

It may be time to turn on traces to see what is happening on the transfer. Could be a lot of different things. Does the outside call drop or stay connected? What happens on the transferring phone?

John Lever
Telecommunications
Richland School District Two

What is the transfer sequence you are using?

It should be as follows:

While on a call press the "transfer" softkey.
Dial the extension to be transfered to.
Press the "transfer" key again.

I know you said that they can transfer internal calls and not external, I am just making sure as you mentioned that the caller hears music but never transfers, which can indicate an incomplete transfer procedure.

Also have you checked the maximum calls received trigger on the line. It needs to be equal to two in order to succesfully complete a transfer.

If you can transfer internal calls but not external then it could be a calling search space issue.

If it is nothing obvious as the above then turning on your traces as John mentioned is your best bet.

Are the agents using IPCC? If so they user agent desktop or their phones?

Oh,Thanks Whykap
'Press the "transfer" key again' ;It helped me ,now it works fine

Hi Alphi!
I have a question about your 2620 router.
How much memory and flash do you have on it and what IOS are you running?

forum.gif
Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back