Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Info Desktop software with all properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

FantasticMax

Technical User
Dec 17, 2002
US
Hi all,

i use the info Desktop 7.5 software and i want to transfer this software with all properties from one computer to another. Is there a files that saves my properties, to copy it to the next computer?

thx for help!
Max...

Err no...
If you are just installing the Info desktop client to another PC then there really isn't that much modification you can do to it anyway.
If you are talking about moving the server side of things then cinfo.mdb (if you are using the default access database) stores all the user, security, and folder structure.

Steve

Sorry for my bad english... ;)
i use the client and i want to "clone" the software with all properties (the already scheduled reports, times, promts, ...) like a backup on another workstation.
I hope you understand what i mean. ;)

Thx
Max

The scheduled reports, etc... have nothing to do with your desktop client. All of that information is stored in the Info System Database. Your level of access is determined by your rights and groups.

The client is simply your method of accessing the objects on the server. If you were to install the client on another workstation ,you would have the same rights and would see the same objects as on the previous workstation.

If you're talking about disaster recovery planning for your Info Server(s) then that's another discussion entirely.

Yes i`m talking about the disaster recovery planing for my Info Server! I want to have a backup of this server... Could you give me informations about that?
Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back