Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transfer excel to word...format gone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

butchkmd

Programmer
Nov 13, 2001
US
I'm importing excel spread sheets into word document. When I look at the print preview or print the worksheet in excel it is one page...when I cut and paste, special paste, or import it it is any where from 4 to 36 pages!
What am I doing wrong?????

Thanks in advance

Matt

I did that I've tried quite a few of th options in the special paste as well. I can get it close but it hangs over the edges of the page and I can't size it.

Can't resize it?? Sure you can. I think... Right-click and hit Format-Picture... or just grab the resize handle from the bottom, left-hand corner and drag toward the center of the picture.

I got the image on the form now everything fits thank you.
But the problem is that I can't type on the image. If I double click on the image the spread sheet activates and I'm back in Excel. I need the document to look like a word document and work like a word document. Is this possible?

Whats wrong with simply, Insert/Object...Create from file/Browse. Don't you want the entire sheet? Bri

[afro]"Soul music is for life, not just christmas"

I do want the entire sheet but i need to have the sheet automaticly tab to the next cell when 1 character is entered into each cell. I found you can limit the number of chrts per cell but all it does is give you an error message when you hit enter. I looked at to recording a macro then adding an If statment to evaluate the contense of the cell but it doesn't move to the next cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back