Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer directly to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilMeow

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2004
US
I have IP406 v2 running on 3.0.40

I've seen people posted here using the following shortcode to transfer caller directly to the voicemail:
Short Code: #8xxx (8xxx is 4 digit ext. starting with 8)
Telephone Number: #8N
Feature: VoicemailCollect

I've used this before and it worked fine. For some reason, I now have problem with 2 different sites. When trying to transfer to voicemail, I got busy tone on the second appearance and the first call was put on held.

I appreciate if anyone can help me with this. Thanks!

I use :

#XXX . VMCollect

That works for me

For four digit extns. use #XXXX as the s/c

I am on a 403DS with 3.0(40) and 54xx phones btw.

Old school Alchemy engineer - trying to keep up with the times [hourglass]

VM Requires user NAME not Extn Number, The above solution "May" work on some releadses of IP Office but Not all.
unfortunatly to comply with Avaya documentation you need a short code for every user :-(

I tried to use name and it didn't work either :-(

This is what I created:
Short Code: #8201
Telephone Number: "#JJohnson"
Feature: VoicemailCollect

And I got the same result - fast busy tone on the second appearance and first appearance was put on hold.

===============
Catherine Tuan

Do you have VM Pro? What I ended up doing was creating a shortcode:

Short Code: *82
Telephone Number: Voicemail Transfer
Feature: VoiceMailNode

Then, in VM Pro I have Voicemail Transfer under the short codes list. I have a call flow with a menu actions for 1???, 2???, etc. Then the flow then goes to Leave Mail. I have this button programmed on everyone’s phone and all that’s required is for them to punch in a 4 digit extension. It has been working well for us.

I have used the version that raffles666 listed above since rel 1.3 and it has worked with every version thus far. I think the trouble is that IPOffice doesn't like the 8N - You can do this in VMPro on transfers and such - but not in this particular shortcode. If you were to change to #8XXXX with dial as #N, I belive it would work. Good luck
MIKE

Is this in an SCN environment? If so I have information about a patch that you may need. We have finally been issued an SCN patch from Avaya that includes MANY fixes for SCN. We have worked through four private builds that go back to almost one year.

The patch addresses no voice path on transfer or VM, MOH during VM transfer instead of ring, PRI gain/echo cancellation , FastStart anomolies and Fax Transport. Whew!

The good news is that if this "last" private build holds up in the field, it will be included in a national patch and made mainstream in all future releases.

Anti-tromboning anyone?

MOH during VM Transfer instead of ring, sounds like back to the 1.3 days ! I miss this feature

What is a private build ? excuse my ignorance

With aach of these methods I get the standard ip office greeting with the name but not their greeting. Anyway around this ?

3.0(40) intuity vm pro

Are you certain that the user has recorded AND activated a mailbox greeting?

MIKE

yes, some have 1 greeting active for all calls, some have 2 greetings, one for engaged (dnd nothing else works on v3) and one for no reply.

Its like you are sending a message from inside voicemail

We use:

Shortcode: ##
Telephone Number: VM:VMTrans
Feature: VoiceMailNode

This will transfer the call flow to the voicemail where we have set up a shortcode called VM:VMTrans. The shortcode looks for the four digit number after the ## and then directs the call to the person's voicemail. Basically the user dials ##XXXX. There is a prompt right after the ## which asks you to input the person's extension but they don't have to wait for the prompt.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back