Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer calls to outside line

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSal20

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2004
US
I have a Definity G3 ver. 11 phone system with Intuity Audix voice mail. I need to know if it's possible to transfer to an outside line and dial to anywhere from within the system. I don't see it anywhere.

I'm not sure this is what you're looking for but here goes:

Yes you can transfer callers outside of the switch if your COS permits it. By default this is restricted for toll fraud purposes.

I don't quite understand the second part of your question. Are you trying to let someone dial into your switch from the outside and call extensions? Again it can be done, but it's another toll fraud weakness.

My boss is asking if he can dial the England or somewhere else by calling in to the system, then transferring to an outside line to make a ling distance call.

OK.

Yes, it's possible. It does open the toll fraud realm, but yes you can do this. Let me see if I can dig up a little and remember how it's done.

Change remote

Enter in a DID for your boss to call into. Enter in the number of digits you wish to require for a "barrier" code (password). Then fill in the rest.

Good Luck.

Steve

Ok, I had to add a remote-office. But all I see is Four lines of info to add. They are: Nod Name, Network region, Location, and site data. I'm lost here.

It sounds like someone had the Remote Access feature disabled. You will need to call Avaya to get it re-enabled. Unfortunately, there is a charge. When you do create the user account on Remote Access make sure that the COR you give them is capable of international dialing.

Kevin

Is there a way to see if it's turned on or off?

Do 'change' and hit the help key. If remote-access is not one of the choices, it's turned off.

Kevin

Thanks all. It's not on my switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back