Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Call to External Cell ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbm0011

Technical User
Mar 19, 2004
US
I have read the all the post's and nothing seems to describe what i am trying to accomplish.
0x32 7.1 /cp100 3.1
I need to be able to transfer an external call to a cell phone. I DO NOT WANT to call forward but actually transfer.
I need the recpt to answer the call and be able to push a button that transfers call to external cell phone number using a specific line that i have in a pool by itself.
Any ideas. Help is greatly appreciated.
Don

Simple. Recpt takes call, presses Transfer, enters Dest. code of special Pool, followed by cell phone number, recpt. hangs up. Done.

Adversity is Opportunity

I think you need to set up a route w/ a destination code instead of using a line pool. U could then put the cell # on a speed dial button.

Dasheen,
that is exactly what I am looking for. How do i set up a route? Is there special feature code that has to be programmed to the button I want to use? If so, what is it?

First try to do the transfer doing the following before building the route because a route may exist that will work.

answer the call
press transfer
dial a 9 plus the phone number
follow the prompts on the display to complete the call

if the 9 doesn't work build a route under services

you can search this forum on how to build a route

First build a route that utilizes the pool that you put the line in. Services, Routing Service, Route#001, Dial Out #, Use Pool ?. Then create a destination code that uses the new route. I try and create a destination code that is similar to the extension number - if the users ext# is 221, make the dest code 321. Then the reception can transfer to 321 and it will go to the off-prem cell#.

I believe you will need to allow line redirection for the receptionist extension.

Jason Foulds
Futuristech Communications

FuturistechComm said it first- make sure redirect is enabled for that extension under Capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back