Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer call to extension being returned, please help! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2006
US
Our receptionist receives a call from an outside line. She then wants to transfer to a specific extension. She transfers the call into the extension's voicemail (attempts), her phone then rings immediately with the extension followed by "RT", which I assume means return. This only happens on this particular extension. The call is never transferred to the voicemail. Not sure what the problem is, no one else has problems transferring to this extension internally. Please help since the extension in question is the director!!!!

Is she trying to use the "tranfer to voicemail access codes"? If she is this will only work if the call went to the director and then to her as a 1st point of coverage. She should be able to make the transfer to the extension unless it is call- fowarded to her or she is the first point of coverage and he has SAC on. "sta sta xxxx" his extension and it will tell you for sure what is going on.

Let me know if this helps or if you need more I will help you through it.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244.

The receptionist said she is hitting the button for his extension, then hitting release. It will ring several times at his desk, then return to the receptionist and never hits his voicemail, which is what she wanted to do. Does this sound like a coverage path issue?

Check his coverage apth to make sure audix is included. I may be like phoneguy55 is pointing to and the path is sending it back to the console.

Thomas A. Edison

I checked the coverage path, it was going to his assistant, then to an unassigned extension, then voicemail. I removed the unassigned extension from the coverage path and it seemed to work.

Glad you have the boss happy now. LOL. I (we) know how that can be.

Thomas A. Edison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back