Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Call to a Cell Phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev2800

MIS
Dec 6, 2005
US
We are wondering if the following is possible. We want to forward calls to a cell phone but with the following setup. If the call is internal, we want it to ring four times at the employees desk and then forward offnet to a cell phone. (We know how to do this step.) But if the incoming call is external, we want it to go directly to VM after four rings. From a Vector, can we determine if a call is Internal or External?

Thank you.

To ACTUALLY ANSWER your question, on the coverage path you have that transfers to the cell phone, set all the external column to "no". Add a second coverage path that has all the internal column set to "no". Put the coverage path number of the second path in the "next path number" block of the first path.

Thanks rcrow490!!! Your guidance was perfect. I was able to get this to work and all without having to program a Vector. I truly appreciate your time in answering my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back