Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer any call straight to another extension's Audix??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mannyisme

Technical User
Aug 23, 2005
US
This is what I need to do if it is possible.

I have an AA (Admin Assistant) who handles 3 Execs calls and she wants to transfer them straight to their voicemails but the calls come in on her line not theirs. Is there a way to do this? I checked my FAC and there is only the way to do it if and only the call came from that extension. Am I missing something? Is there a way if a call comes in on ext 1234 but you need to transfer it to ext 4321 or ext 9999 but you want it to go straight to voicemail?
Let me know if it is or not possible
Thanks

Forgot to mention. This is an older G3si, no VoIP.

You didn't mention the phone set type, but I've always provided Admin's with 'brdg-appr' (bridged appearance) buttons to the manager's phone sets. She/He is able to pick up the mgr's line directly and thereby using the FAC to transfer the call directly into voice mail. If the admin has a 6424 set, there should be enough availble buttons to have 3 appearance for each manager.

we have an a-attendant set up in intuity with call answer treatment,..when they need to transfer directly to a vmail box they dial the a-att number, an announcement is recorded to prompt for the extension, enter it and it drops the call directly into voicemail

The assistant can dial the principals number, then hit a 'go to cover' button on her phone to send it down the cover path to the voicemail.

Da-vi'do Juan-is'imo
P.S. For the best response to a question, read FAQ222-2244. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Please answer all questions so that I may have the info to assist you. Leaving a post on how you fixed the problem will also be appreciated.

Or you can give the AA a personal abbrieviated dial list with an entry for each exec, the dial string is the audix number, pause, extension#, pause, guest password#.

Then the AA hits transfer, the abb dial number, transfer.

DonBott

Go into audix and create an auto-attendant prompting the user for the mailbox they wish to leave a message in. The auto-attendant is then set to tranfer directly into the mailbox. End user then presses transfer, auto-attendant extension, hears prompt, dials the extension and presses transfer again to release the caller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back