Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Access Tables To Another Access DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLOS

MIS
Jan 30, 2002
US

Help! Help! Help!

I have an Access database that has tables that I want to
export to another Database. I tried using the "TransferDatabase" macro action but I'm not getting any results. Also, the current database and the destination databse are on two different drives. The current database is on my (local) drive, and the destination database is on
our network drive. Please give your input anybody, thanks.
I need immediate help with this one.

Why do you need to do this and how often will you need to do this?

Why do I need to do This? Because the POC who handles this application needs to run make-table queries once a month that creates tables with new data. Once this is done,
I want to set up some type of event procedure to transfer these tables to the actual application that resides on the network drive. That way only the tables/forms will reside in that access database. But, if you have any suggestions on how to do this please give me some insight, thanks.

What about just linking the tables. That way once the make tables are run you have them already there. I do this for several of my reference tables that I up date every tow weeks. I have those tables linked to several other dbs of mine. Just a thought.

Can you give me a copy of the macro or event procedure that you're using to link tables.

I don't have a macro. I just went to the Db that I wanted to link to. I used the get File / get external data /link wizard. Then the links are established. Everytime that I run my make table in the other db the links stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back