Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transcoders / conference bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobNunley

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2007
US
I have a site that the transcoder and conference bridge are not registered with callman. The reason is they have the wrong profile name and are in a shutdown state. If everything works with them not registered would I gain anything by getting them to register?

Jacob

Yes, depends on what the transcoders were meant for. We had somewhat a similar situation where we used transcoders for Unity since we send calls over the WAN as G.729. What we didnt realize is that there was a registry setting to enforce an external transcoder. So basically the app server was doing the transcoding internally which was causing the CPU to spike throughout the day. I would say you will gain CPU efficiency from transcoding in Hardware vs software on a sub, or other app server.

we also use Transcoders for unity. and we also use it for IPCC/ACD. Thanks for the reply. I think 3 or 4 sites are like this, I will fix them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back