Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transcibe using Wav. File

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdddms

Programmer
Jul 3, 2004
US
Hello all, as part of my application i would like to be able to transcribe out to text the audio from a wav or mp3 file. is anyone familiar with doing this?

second part would be . what control would i use to slow down or speed up a wav or mp3 to correct for being too fast or slow, then save the new file.

Thanks in advance
Stew

LoL Concepts®

You mean you want to create a voice recognition program from VB? Or you want to create a program where someone can type in what's dictated and control wav file through the VB program?

Lee

The idea is to connect via audio in a cassette recorder, record in the audio , adjust the speed if too fast or slow, and save the file.

secondly to open file and use the ms sapi , i assume to transcribe (type) out the words from the audio file. This would happen instead of the traditional microphone dictation.

LoL Concepts®

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back