Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transaction Handling in DTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pankajv

Programmer
Jan 30, 2002
IN
I have a DTS package, which has some tasks. Each task is suppose to copy the data from an excel sheet to a table in the database. In case we encounter any error in the execution of any step all the data copied in the previous tasks in already populated. We want to commit the changes only when all the steps are executed successfully. Please tell me if there is any way to handle this.

Thanks in advance.

If you go to Package > Properties you can use the Logging and Advanced tabs to set this up. (it should be fairly self explanatory when you get there)

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Clare

Hi

If you open the DTS package and go to Package > Properties you can use the Logging and Advanced tabs to set this up. (it should be fairly self explanatory when you get there)

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Clare

Hi,

It does not work. From Package Properties -> Advanced tab, I set the "Use Transaction" and "Commit on successful package completion" options with the isolation level of "serializable", but still the changes are committed.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back