Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trans.log split 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rostifer72

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2014
US
I had an EOD problem last thursday and nobody at the restaurant told me about it till late the next day (We had already opened)... i did a manual EOD but could not grind so i made copies of the important stuff and did the whole marker file thing and got the system current. I ran a fix log as well as a split log and it was to no avail. I really need to get this trans.log back into shape so i can regrind and recover the data, I've been successful at this a few times but not on this one, PLEASE HELP!

This has worked for me about 99% of the time
Run from a command prompt in the dated folder
#:\bootdrv\aloha\BIN\GRIND.EXE /FIXLOG TRANS.LOG
then rename trans.log to trans.Whatever you want
rename fixed.log to trans.log
Then try a manual regrind of dated folder
#:\bootdrv\aloha\BIN\GRIND.EXE /date 201509XX

AlohaRoss
3rd Party support

Thanks alohaross, that's the first thing I did! Debout says employee tried to close check number xxxxxx (probably not clocked in) and just keeps repeating that message up until the point that I fixed everything (except trans.log) which will not grind.

Do you think think if I made the system think it was the 29th and copied the trans.log to the master and clocked the employee in I could then grind eod and set the system current again? Or would this be a waste of time?

nothing is ever a waste of time if it works.
If terminal does not load it is a bad translog and you should stop and put everything back
If you are going to copy trans.log into today, make sure you have disabled eod event first.
then clock in as manager, delete checkout and clock out of staff and then see if you can close check correctly. If you were to just clock in, you woul not be able to edit the shift in question.

When done put eod event back, move newly edited trans.log back to dated folder and see if it grinds.

AlohaRoss
3rd Party support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back